How to Apply to the Advocacy Learning Center
Extended placement application
Audio recording: about applying
Application for Class N is now open
Submit your completed application by Monday, January 4, 2016 by 5:00 PM Central time
Your program is eligible to apply if you
are a community-based advocacy organization, a tribal advocacy program,
a campus program, or a transitional housing organization, providing
direct advocacy to women/survivors and funded by the federal Office on
Violence Against Women. We also welcome the participation of OVW-funded
tribal, state, territory and national coalitions and groups that play a
critical role in supporting advocacy programs to end violence against
women. Limited space is reserved for non-OVW funded programs.
It is a requirement for all team members to fully participate in all
activities of the ALC 18-month course. If your program is selected for
Class N your team will be required to attend and participate in each of
the following activities:
• Introductory webinar/audio conference sessions on April 5 & 7, 2016 from 2:00-3:30 PM Central time,
• A four-day in-person advocacy immersion event on April 12-15, 2016,
• A three-day in-person institute on November 2-4, 2016,
• A two-day in-person training on May 16-17, 2017,
• Monthly meetings as a team to discuss coursework and complete homework assignments prior to webinars,
• Monthly webinar/audio conference calls,
• Quarterly keynote webinars,
• On-line self- study course and required reading,
• One in-person site visit to a model advocacy organization (only 1 member of your team will participate)*,
• A graduation webinar on September 28, 2017 from 1:00-2:00 PM Central time, to celebrate the completion of your coursework,
And we agree to complete evaluations after events, and to provide
regular updates to ALC staff about our team's participation, reflection,
impact and adaptation.
*Note we do not offer the site visit
component of the ALC course to extended placement participants since
their program has already benefited from this offering.
We value making the Advocacy Learning Center accessible to all participants and will strive to ensure that our training events and other course components are as accessible as possible. If you have any other accommodation request that would assist you in completing this application please contact email@example.com.
Class N Application and Extended Placement Applications are available in Plain Text versions below.
Submit your completed application by Monday, January 4, 2016 by 5:00 PM Central time to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will not be reviewed unless all application components are complete.
A complete application must include:
1) An application form*
2) An organizational chart identifying where each team member fits in your organization
3) Organizational and Team Member Commitment Statements (included at the end of the application form)
*Please ensure you are completing the correct application
We anticipate notifying applicants of their selection status in March 2016.
- If you are not a former or current ALC participant please download and complete the “ALC Class N Application”
- If you are a former or current ALC participant you must download and complete the “ALC Class N Extended Placement Application”.
Class N Advocacy Learning Center Informational Webinar recording--What is the ALC, and How to Apply?
Wednesday, November 4, 2015Webinar recording PowerPoint
We are currently accepting applications for the class that will begin in April 2016 (Class N) by the application deadline: Monday, January 4, 2016 by 5:00 PM Central time.
Class N ApplicationFor accessibility purposes:Class N Application (plain text)
If you have questions, email email@example.com or call Beth McNamara 651.699.8000 x16.
Extended Placement Application
The Class N Extended Placement Application deadline is Monday, January 4, 2016 by 5:00 PM Central time.
Class N Extended Placement Application
For accessibility purposes:
Class N Extended Placement Application (plain text)
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Beth McNamara 651.699.8000 x16